Recipes and Entertaining
Dulcinea® PureHeart® Watermelon Salad with Grilled Lime Vinaigrette
Light and delicious salad is a great compliment to grilled fish or chicken.
Yields 4-6 servings
- Juice of 2 grilled limes plus zest of ½ lime
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Hearty pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 4 cups Dulcinea® PureHeart® Mini Seedless Watermelon, 1 inch by ½ inch squares
- 1 ½ cups English cucumber, ¼ inch diced
- 1 ½ cups jicama, ¼ inch diced
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas (optional)
- Heat grill or grill pan to high and place limes cut side down.
- Grill limes 3-5 minutes until nicely charred with grill marks.
- Remove from grill and carefully juice.
- Combine lime juice, lime zest, garlic, cilantro, mint and sugar.
- Whisk in extra virgin olive oil till combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine watermelon squares, diced cucumber, diced jicama and mint leaves.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and gently toss.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Optional garnish: toasted pepitas and additional cilantro and mint.