Recipes and Entertaining
Dulcinea® Tuscan-Style® Extra Sweet Cantaloupe with Prosciutto
Chilled sweet cantaloupe slices wrapped with delicate strips of prosciutto and drizzled with vinaigrette for an incredible taste combination.
- 1 Dulcinea® Extra Sweet Tuscan-Style® Extra Sweet Cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into thin wedges/spears
- 12 Thin slices prosciutto, cut in halves into lengthwise strips
- Herb and Olive Oil Vinaigrette:
- 1⁄2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Italian herb blend
- 1/8 teaspoon Cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
Wrap each melon spear in the center with a strip of prosciutto. The prosciutto should stick to itself enough that you don’t need to secure it with a toothpick. Keep covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl, and chill until ready to serve. Drizzle the prosciutto wrapped melon with the vinaigrette before serving.
Cut melon spears in half crosswise and wrap with a 1⁄4 of a prosciutto slice for a more petite finger food.
Serve a couple of spears of the wrapped melon over a bed of baby greens or arrugala and drizzle with vinaigrette as a salad or nice first course.