Recipes and Entertaining
Dulcinea® Grilled SunnyGold® Watermelon Salad with Tangerine Vinaigrette
Our SunnyGold® Mini Seedless Watermelon takes center stage in this unique and colorful grilled yellow watermelon salad.
- 1/2 SunnyGoldÂ® Mini Seedless Watermelon
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup large crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- Mint leaves
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed tangerine juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Fresh finely cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped mint
1. Cut the watermelon in half. Using one side of the two pieces, stand the watermelon half cut side down on a cutting board and slice away the rind leaving a solid block of melon. Cut the melon into equal 1″ slices.
2. Heat a non-stick grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle an ounce of vegetable oil over the watermelon enough to thinly coat slices and place on hot grill pan. Grill each side about 2 minutes until grill marks appear and transfer to plate. Allow approximately 5 minutes to cool and cut watermelon slices into 1″ cubes.
3. To make vinaigrette combine the champagne vinegar and tangerine juice in a medium size bowl. Whisk in the dijon mustard until dissolved then slowly pour in vegetable oil while whisking continuously until emulsified. Add sugar, season with salt and pepper and top with chopped mint.
4. To assemble salad, combine grilled watermelon cubes, tomatoes, feta cheese and roasted sunflower seeds in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette. Transfer to a medium size bowl and garnish with a few freshly picked mint leaves.