Recipes and Entertaining
Dulcinea® Grilled Tuscan-Style® Extra Sweet Cantaloupe Skewers
Melons on the grill? You bet! This dazzling skewered appetizer puts our Tuscan-Style® Extra Sweet Cantaloupe to the flame, then douses it with a dreamy caramel glaze.
- ¾ cup honey
- ¼ cup lemoncello (lemon liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Dulcinea Tuscan-Style® Extra Sweet Cantaloupe, seeded and cubed
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced
- Lemon zest and small fresh mint leaves
- Bring honey, liqueur, butter and lemon juice to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium and keep mixture at a full rolling boil for about 8 minutes (mixture should be golden brown). Remove from heat and let cool.
- Thread cantaloupe cubes and lemon slices onto skewers.
- Grill over high heat for a few minutes on each side to lightly char, brushing with a little caramel sauce during the last few minutes of grilling.
- Place on a platter and drizzle with warm (not hot) caramel sauce.
- Dust with lemon zest and garnish with mint leaves.